[epf-dev] Proposal: Reviewing EPF Content

Hello all,

Some issues have been revealed as we’ve started to review the new OpenUP/Basic content. There are some questions about what should be reviewed, how deep a review should go, how many reviews are appropriate, etc. This has led to reviews that take hours, which may not be a feasible practice as we produce more content.

I’ve attached a proposal for how we could perform reviews for EPF content. It splits the review into two specific evaluations that cover separate issues. I also made an attempt to describe how reviews should avoid philosophical debates on the merits of the content and instead focus on whether or not the content addresses the issues in the Bugzilla entry.

Please take a look (it’s only a page of text) and perhaps we can make a formal decision on this at the next F2F. In the meantime it might provide a more efficient structure for validating the content.

- Jim

Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational

RUP Content Developer

Eclipse Process Framework (EPF) Committer

email:   jruehlin@xxxxxxxxxx

phone:  760.505.3232

fax:      949.369.0720

Back to the top