[epf-dev] Re: Define/Refine the Architecture

Hi Scott

Good question.

This got discussed in the Architecture conference call today. I think the
naming of Define/Refine should stay for the Tasks. But I agree that there
is room to review the names of the Activities in Inception & Elaboration.
At the moment, the Inception Activity is "Determine Architecture
Feasibility" and the Elaboration Activity is "Define the Architecture."
These are (IMHO) a bit confusing when seen in context of both the Phases
and the existing Task names.

The idea of "Identify the Candidate Architecture" in Inception and
something like "Design the Architecture" or "Specifiy the Architecture" in
Elaboration seems more appropriate. I have to produce capability patterns
for these soon, so it's a good time to discuss if you have any thoughts.

cheers

Mark

Mark Dickson
Principal Solution Architect
SAE Practice
m 0780 1917480
w www.xansa.com
e mark.dickson@xxxxxxxxx

             "Scott W. Ambler"
             <swa@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                       "Mark Dickson"
             11 July 2006              <mark.dickson@xxxxxxxxx>
             14:38 AST                                                  cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Define/Refine the Architecture

Where did this discussion ever end up?  Seem to me that "Identify a
Candidate Architecture"  and "Explore/Model the Architecture" may be more
understandable.

- Scott

http://www.ambysoft.com/scottAmbler.html

Refactoring Databases (
http://www.ambysoft.com/books/refactoringDatabases.html ) is now
available.

Whilst this email has been checked for all known viruses, recipients should undertake their own virus checking as Xansa will not accept any liability whatsoever.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and protected by client privilege.  It is solely for the use of the intended recipient.
Please delete it and notify the sender if you have received it in
error. Unauthorised use is prohibited.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the organisation.
     Xansa, Registered Office: 420 Thames Valley Park Drive,
     Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1PU, UK.
     Registered in England No.1000954.
     t  +44 (0)8702 416181
     w  www.xansa.com

Back to the top