RE: [epf-dev] Review Comments: OpenUP overall usability and firstimpression

Per, are we planning on a call or something to review and discuss this with the group as whole? As with many, I'm very interested in usability and overall look-and-feel (especially leading up to the Agile conference). I could probably provide some feedback by Mon or Tue next week...

Thanks, Chris ~:|

From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Per Kroll
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 1:36 AM
To: epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [epf-dev] Review Comments: OpenUP overall usability and firstimpression

Hi,

we had an impromptu review of OpenUp today, and attached you find our review comments. Over the last few days, a number of us have increasingly felt that we have a lot left to do in terms of getting OpenUP where it needs to be to provide a first good impression. As you can see, many of our comments were centered around tree browser structure, ease of use, and style issues for content. Our objective was to find things that are not yet captured in bugzilla entries, and typically fall between different content areas.

Over the next few days, we will suggest which of these become bugzilla entries, and what are the high priority items to work on. We think we need to address many of these items before Agile2006 on July 23....

Comments on our comments are much appreciated.

Cheers

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework