Re: [epf-dev] OMG SPEM 2.0 proposal

In any e-mails regarding SPEM 2.0 on this mailing, I request any poster to be clear on which SPEM 2.0 proposal they are discussing (there are two , one led by IBM/Adaptive/Fuijitsu et al with a commitment to converge the direction of the models used in EPF and the eventual SPEM 2.0 standard. The other proposal is led by Osellus.  Also please post any SPEM related messages with respect to its relevance to EPF.

Thanks

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

"Kamal Ahluwalia" <kamal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/07/2006 08:07 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] OMG SPEM 2.0 proposal

Hi

We noticed that there was some mis-understanding relating to SPEM 2.0 in the recent meeting minutes from the UK face-to-face. We touched based with IBM and they have suggested we raise them with the wider mailing list. In due course we will be elaborating on some key aspects of the proposal which will help in clearing the air for everyone.

On a related SPEM note, in the recent OMG meeting in Boston on 28th June, a motion for one meeting cycle extension was voted in favor to give an opportunity for the two proposals to be formed into a single proposal if possible. Depending on the progress made there is a possibility of submitting a single proposal in the next OMG meeting in late September.

Thanks
Kamal
Osellus Inc.