RE: [epf-dev] IMPORTANT: Monday 8 AM PDT Meeting - OpenUP Refocus

The proposition below sounds adequate, but we need to keep in mind that for the iteration objectives to be accomplished (i.e., text in final form), we need to consider time for reviews in each iteration as well. As part of this, we could have everyone writing and reviewing each others text, or even some people only write text and some only review text.

As long as we agree with the iterations objectives, Bugzilla could be revisited to reflect the plan.

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer

IBM - RUP Team | EPF Committer
www.ibm.com/rational
www.eclipse.org/epf

Jim Ruehlin/Irvine/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/07/2006 09:05 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS, epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] IMPORTANT: Monday 8 AM PDT Meeting - OpenUP Refocus

Hello,

One scenario we might consider is to create 3 shorter iterations to complete the project, for instance 4 weeks each for M5 & M6, and 2 weeks for M7. Or possibly 4/3/3 weeks. Then we could focus on creating solid deliverable content for each iteration rather than trying to improve all content each iteration.

For instance, M5 could focus on delivering, in final form, all tasks. M6 could focus on artifacts, CPs, and DPs. And M7 could focus on guidelines. This way we know we’ve accomplished an iteration when all elements of a particular type have been written, reviewed, and accepted. And each iteration would result in solid, usable content. Of course, this is just one possible way the work could be sliced up.

- Jim

Jim Ruehlin, IBM Rational
RUP Content Developer
Eclipse Process Framework (EPF) Committer
email:   jruehlin@xxxxxxxxxx
phone:  760.505.3232
fax:      949.369.0720