[epf-dev] Topics of interest

Hi guys,

There are 3 topics that I'd like to mention:

1- In the call today we mentioned that Bugzilla entries related to Capability Patterns should be under General category. I thought they would be better categorized under each existing package (RM, PM, etc.), since they relate to these areas. I can create Bugzilla entries for each pattern and categorize in each package. Package owners, please be aware of these new entries in Bugzilla, as they should be reflected in the burndown chart.

2- There are some Bugzilla entries relating to method elements, for example:
Arch - Develop content for Principle: using Patterns

The discussion is: this element is not actually a principle. We actually have the 4 core principles and their practices. So, in the various packages, me may have this type of element created in the library as principle or practice. I'll revisit those in the library, changing them to Concepts, and also revisit the respective Bugzilla entries to reword the title to Concept, where applicable.

Following the same idea, the 4 core principles are created today as Concept elements in the library. They should be changed to Principle element. I'll revisit those.

3- This is applicable to all people volunteering to do some work. When a bug is assigned to you, please remember to go to Bugzilla and click on the "Accept bug" box, so the status is changed to "Assigned". Otherwise, it will show up as "New", what gives us wrong information when tracking bugs. I try to revisit bugs frequently to look for this type of pattern, but it is helpful if individuals watch for their bugs and package owners double check for consistency on this.

Please let me know if there is any controversy on the topics above or if you have any question.

Thank you.

Ricardo Balduino
Senior Software Engineer
IBM | RUP Team | EPF Committer