[epf-dev] Vancouver Commtter Face to Face Directions

Hello Everyone:

Electrical and Computing Engineering is located in the beautiful Fred Kaiser Building at UBC. The address is 2332 Main Mall. The building is easily recognizable because it has a Starbuck’s coffee shop in the atrium. The following link will provide you with the location of the Kaiser building on campus.

www.maps.ubc.ca/PROD/index_detail.php?show=y,n,n,n,n,y&bldg2Search=n&locat1=313

We will initially meet in Kaiser 2020 at 9:00am Monday May 15th

There are several ways to get to UBC,  myself I bicycle. But I assume most of you will be driving. My recommendation for parking is the Health Science Parkade which is on the East Mall and a short walk from the Fred Kaiser building. Parking is approximately 12.00 per day. For those of you who like to conserve a little cash and don’t mind walking and are nostalgic for your student days, then there are the big “b” lots along Agronomy Road.  These are about 4.50 per day. If it’s not raining (as it sometime is ) then the walk is rather pleasant.

Right now Vancouver is one enormous construction project (2010 Olympics, Rapid Transit Line, and a real-estate boom) so traffic is a little more congested than normal. There are no expressways in Vancouver. Plan to take about a half hour to get to UBC and find parking. Most of you should use Google Maps to get driving directions but I will give you my best here: Please be aware there is no vehicle access on the Main Mall. If you leave your hotel around 8:15 that will give you plenty of time to drive, get lost, find your way back, find the car park, get lost again, ask for directions, and finally be in time to get the last muffin before we start. J

From your hotel make you way to Burrard street and head south over the Burrard street bridge, and follow Burrard as it curves left. At Fourth Avenue make a right and proceed west on Fourth. Watch for jay walkers, psychotic cyclists, counter culture skateboarders and if it is a sunny day, please try to keep you eyes on the road. Fourth will eventually become Chancellor Boulevard which leads to UBC. From there you can make a left onto Westbrook Mall. A shorter route is to make a left onto Blanca from Fourth and proceed south to 16th Avenue. Make a right and proceed west to Westbrook mall and make a right and North. Confused yet?

If you have any questions please e-mail me.

Best regards,

Steve

Back to the top