[epf-dev] Accomodation at the Metropolitan

Philippe taught me the French tradition of bounded consensus. Two traders take a candle, cut it short and light it. As it burns they negotiate a deal. When the candle goes out, the last offer is the final offer. The candle has gone out and no one has expressed strong preferences or objections and we need to make a decision about the hotel. The best option we have for the non IBMers is the Metropolitan; it is a very nice full service hotel located in the heart of Vancouver’s downtown and is central to everything. You should be able to book a room at 185 CDN or less a night. I can just see Bruce feeling rather smug about booking a 110.00 rate. J  For the IBMer’s the Four Seasons is apparently an option (verrry verrry nice) and is across the street from the Metropolitan. The next option is the Crowne Plaza on Georgia which is next door to the Metropolitan. I did negotiate a better rate at the Metropolitan (175/night, free internet and five car parks) but  I cannot guarantee that at least 10 people will stay at the Metropolitan.

Transportation wise, there is parking at the hotels. As an option you may want to consider just using taxis. It is about a $25-30 trip from the airport to downtown and probably a little less (say 20 to 25) from the hotels to UBC. Unless you want to play tourist and visit the North Shore mountains on Sunday or one of the evenings you will not generally  need a car to get around the city.

I will send out maps and directions to UBC and the room locations next week.

Looking forward to a great working session.

Steve

Back to the top