RE: [epf-dev] VOTE: OpenUP => New name for BUP++

- OpenUP is now the new official new name for the Open Unified Process, a process framework within EPF, which includes what was previously known as BUP, as well as any process built on top of BUP.
- OpenUP/Basic denotes what is today called Basic Unified Process (see http://www.eclipse.org/epf/bup_component/bup_vision.php)
- OpenUP/MDA denotes a potential future process in this framework guiding you in how to develop software using an MDA approach

- OpenUP/<X> denotes a potential future process in this framework guiding you in how to develop software using an <X> approach

"Open" in OpenUp signifies it's openess, as a result of being an open source process.

"UP" signifies that it is the open source version of Unified Process

We should update the website and future builds accordingly.

For the reocords, there was a majority of yes votes for this proposal, with 12 out of 21 people voting in favor, out of 13 cast votes.
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00325.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00324.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00323.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00322.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00321.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00318.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00316.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00305.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00304.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00303.html
- http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epf-dev/msg00300.html

Thanks

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

"Brian Lyons" <blyons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/18/2006 08:41 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++

hiho,

I vote OpenUP since the UP part is an acronym.