RE: [epf-dev] VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++

You have my vote for OpenUP.

"Kurt Sand" <Kurt.Sand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/18/2006 07:55 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List

"Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++

I vote for “OpenUP” for all reasons already mentioned…

Thanks,
Kurt

Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/14/2006 11:11 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
RE: [epf-dev] VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++

Hi,

several people have approched me about whether to use OpenUP or OpenUp, and I realize that all the discussions on this issue before and after me sending the voting e-mail was done outside this public forum. So, I wanted to give people a chance to chip in.

The reason for lowercase is to denote that we talk about a "small process".

The reason for uppercase is to keep the connection to Unified Process, which still carries a lot of weight. Some people also think OpenUP looks better.

Opinions?

<There are no legal ramifications, they do not care about lower/uppercase.>

Cheers

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

"steve" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/12/2006 02:03 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List'" <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [epf-dev] VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++

Hmmm, wouldn't that be "OpenUp or I'll UP your house down" :-)

Steve