RE: [epf-dev] Re: VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++

I vote yes to the proposed name.

Cheers,

Chris

From: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Per Kroll
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:45 PM
To: epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [epf-dev] Re: VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++

Made one minor correction...
- OpenUp/Basic denotes what is today called Basic Unified Process (see http://www.eclipse.org/epf/bup_component/bup_vision.php)

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM

04/12/2006 12:37 PM

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++

Hi,

we have now (finally) got legal clearance on using the name OpenUp.
We had informal voting a few months ago, and the results was anonnimously for OpenUp.
To get a formal voting record, I request that the committers respond to this e-mail with a Yes, No, or Obstain vote regarding doing a name change.
Majority vote rules.
Voters are committers per the list at http://www.eclipse.org/epf/team/team.php
21 people listed under "Current Committers", "Voted to be committers" + DJ <We need to update the committer list to state that these 21 people are committers> can vote, all votes are equal.

Proposal to vote for:
- OpenUp denotes the process framework built on top of BUP, including BUP.
- OpenUp/Basic denotes what is today called Basic Unified Process (see http://www.eclipse.org/epf/bup_component/bup_vision.php)
- OpenUp/MDA denotes a potential future process in this framework guiding you in how to develop software using an MDA approach
- OpenUp/<X> denotes a potential future process in this framework guiding you in how to develop software using an <X> approach

"Open" in OpenUp signifies it's openess, as a result of being an open source process.
"Up" signifies that it is the open source version of Unified Process
Lowercase "p" signifies that OpenUp promotes process with a lowercase 'p', rather than BIG P processes with a lot of overhead.

I cast a YES vote through this e-mail.

Thanks

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

Telelogic Lifecycle Solutions:
Helping You Define, Design & Deliver Advanced Systems & Software
Learn More at www.telelogic.com

Chris Sibbald
Vice President, Standards and Technology
Telelogic North America Inc.
255 Albert Street, Suite 600
Ottawa
Ontario
K1P 6A9
Canada

Phone: +1 (613) 266 5061
Fax: +1 (613) 482 4538
Mobile phone: +1 (613) 266 5061

Chris.Sibbald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.telelogic.com

 Telelogic - Requirements-Driven Innovation!

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment or enclosure, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any unauthorized use, review, retransmissions, dissemination, copying or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Back to the top