[epf-dev] VOTE: OpenUp => New name for BUP++

Hi,

we have now (finally) got legal clearance on using the name OpenUp.
We had informal voting a few months ago, and the results was anonnimously for OpenUp.
To get a formal voting record, I request that the committers respond to this e-mail with a Yes, No, or Obstain vote regarding doing a name change.
Majority vote rules.
Voters are committers per the list at http://www.eclipse.org/epf/team/team.php
21 people listed under "Current Committers", "Voted to be committers" + DJ <We need to update the committer list to state that these 21 people are committers> can vote, all votes are equal.

Proposal to vote for:
- OpenUp denotes the process framework built on top of BUP, including BUP.
- OpenUp/BUP denotes what is today called Basic Unified Process (see http://www.eclipse.org/epf/bup_component/bup_vision.php)
- OpenUp/MDA denotes a potential future process in this framework guiding you in how to develop software using an MDA approach
- OpenUp/<X> denotes a potential future process in this framework guiding you in how to develop software using an <X> approach

"Open" in OpenUp signifies it's openess, as a result of being an open source process.
"Up" signifies that it is the open source version of Unified Process
Lowercase "p" signifies that OpenUp promotes process with a lowercase 'p', rather than BIG P processes with a lot of overhead.

I cast a YES vote through this e-mail.

Thanks

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC