[epf-dev] Tooling: Configuration management support in EPF Composer

I would like to give everyone an update on our plan regarding CM support in EPF composer.

In Milestone 2
We have most of the code needed to support CVS and CC in EPF composer. We will turn the feature on and build it into
milestone 2 build as a beta feature. We would very much welcome the community to help us testing out the feature to achieve
our goal of releasing this feature as a 'supported' feature in Milestone 3 build that EPF content developers can use for developing
production content.

In Milestone 3
In milestone 3, we will be looking to make the following changes:
1. Making file structure changes to make it more friendly to CM support.
      a). Separate configuration info out from library.xmi. Store one configuration as one file under the library root directory.
            If we make this change, the need of having to check out library.xmi is greatly reduced.
            Currently, when a new element is created, if  its parent is selected in a configuration, we attempt to select the new element as well,
            which creates the need of having to check out the file that contains the configuration info. We need to revisit this to see if we really
            need to do this.
      b). Separate diagram info out from model.xmi into a separate file called, for example, diagram.xmi.
            This will help out with performance of loading CP or DP and also make it cleaner to just check out diagram.xmi when you editing diagrams.
2. Add support for refresh when a file ( resource ) has changed since it is loaded last time.
3. Research on CCRC ( ClearCase remote client ) plugin to see if it has a better support for file rename. There is some
    complication of supporting rename using the CC Eclipse plugin.

Once again, we very much welcome new contributors to join us in development and testing.

Charlie Yan
EPF Tooling Dev Lead
Phone: 408-342-4681

Back to the top