Phases was Re: [epf-dev] BUP Fundamental Concepts and CollaborativePrinciplesProposal

Agreed, it's hard to argue with Don about this one.  ;-)

See http://www.enterpriseunifiedprocess.com/ and in particular http://www.enterpriseunifiedprocess.com/essays/phases.html

- Scott

At 08:19 PM 3/30/2006, you wrote:
Donald

Your comment on extended phases seemed to get missed in the excitement over diagrams :-)

FWIW, I think that there is a lot of value in this approach. I think it's more appropriate for a plug-in that for inclusion on core BUP though. To my knowledge, the vision for BUP is to keep it as simple (and complete) as possible.

As you have pointed out, the lifecycle extensions are more applicable to product lifecycles than project lifecycles. I think that a product lifecycle plugin for EPF, extending core BUP, would be very useful.

kind regards

Mark

Mark Dickson
SA&E Practice