RE: [epf-dev] BUP Fundamental Conceptsand CollaborativePrinciplesProposal

Not that this isn't a reasonable description, but I also have struggled with
using the house-building example for the following reasons:

1. The requirements for a house are very ubiquitous. So much so, that they
are rarely written down (that is, why do you want a house and what is it
going to do for you). People skip the requirements aspect of house-buillding
and often go right to design.
2. As Don mentioned, many people misinterpret this as being a waterfall.
3. As it relates to many software projects, people start off thinking they
want a house, but end up discovering that what they really need is a toaster
or an aircraft carrier. In house-building, there usually is not significant
divergence from the original concept.
4. Houses actually exist in the real world; software is an abstract virtual
thing that does not really exist in the "real" world, or I should say, it
has no physical manifestation.

After a couple more of people putting in their two cents, maybe we'll have a
dollar!

Chris ~:|