Re: [epf-dev] Clarification for donating IP to Eclipse

Hi,

yes, this is correct. As committers, we are responsible for ensuring that we have IP clearance on content.

See
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/committerguidelines.php for Committer guidelines
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/guidetolegaldoc.php
http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/epl-v10.php

Cheers

Per Kroll
STSM, Manager Methods: RUP / RMC
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
408-342-3815

James E Thario/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/28/2006 01:01 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [epf-dev] Clarification for donating IP to Eclipse

My current understanding is that everything needs to be provided under the Eclipse Public License. Per Kroll might be able to clarify this for you, he is the project lead for EPF.

Here is a link to the text of the EPL:

http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html

Thanks.

Jim Thario
Rational Software
IBM Software Group
jethario@xxxxxxxxxx
303-225-7478 (voice/fax)
273-1400 (tie line)

Inactive hide details for "steve" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"steve" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"steve" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/28/2006 01:02 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[epf-dev] Clarification for donating IP to Eclipse

Hi Guys:

I need a clarification about donating intellectual property to Eclipse/EPF/BUP. I am a co-author of the book “Patterns for Effective Use Cases” and I would like to contribute some of the use case patterns to BUP as part of the use case writing guidelines. Of course Addison Wesley holds the copyright to the book. I have asked my editor if AW if AW is willing to yield copyright to Eclipse. They seem willing but have asked if it is sufficient to give Eclipse “right to use” or does the Eclipse foundation expect to “own” the copyright. This is also a question my co-authors have. What is the expectation here for IP donations?

Best regards,
Steve Adolph
Consultant

WSA Consulting Inc