Re: [epf-dev] How to create new repository

Donald,

There are 2 ways. When you start EPF Composer and see the following dialog, specify a new path, for example "C:\OPFRO". This will create a new method library...which is a repository that stores your method content like method plug-ins, content packages, roles, tasks, etc.

Alternatively, within the EPF Composer, select File > New > Method Library.

The current tool implementation does not allow the user to create a new method element type. You can create "instances" of method elements but not a new method element type (if this is what you are thinking). Everything is governed by the underlying EPF UMA meta model.

Regards,
Kelvin

Kelvin Low
Software Architect
IBM Method and IC Engineering
tel:  408-342-4630
fax: 408-863-4144
email: lowk@xxxxxxxxxx

Donald Firesmith <dgf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: epf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/17/2006 07:58 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Process Framework Project Developers List <epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

epf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[epf-dev] How to create new repository

How do you use the tools to create a new repository?  All of the built
in how-to files seem to assume you are using RUP and describe building a
plug-in to RUP (BUP).  I do not see how I can use the authoring tool to
create a few OPFRO method components to see how well the tool might
support the OPFRO repository.  Also, how can I create a new type?
Currently, it looks like the tool only supports roles and not work
product producers/ work unit performers such as teams, organizations,
and tools.
Don Firesmith
Chair, OPOFRO