[epf-dev] EssUP in EPF

All

In Atlanta, Ivar Jacobson International said we would like for EssUP and BUP
to merge or at least align, and our key ideas seemed well accepted. However,
we believe there are some flaws in the current thinking that need to be
addressed if we are to achieve a result that will be widely adopted. Rather
than just criticize, we opted to produce something tangible to demonstrate a
better way of doing things. We have spent the last couple of weeks
developing the key ideas of EssUP, which we will demonstrate at the upcoming
meeting in San Francisco. Hopefully this will be met with approval and make
up for our recent lack of participation.

As you know we have agreed to deliver EssUP on the Microsoft platform. What
customers want is one underlying process on all platforms for all projects,
into which they can incorporate best-of-breed practices. We have therefore
decided to donate EssUP to the EPF project as well. We do this since we
believe it articulates an approach to a lightweight and agile process that
represents the objectives of BUP. Together we can have a significant impact
on the industry.

Unfortunately, Ivar, Ian and I (the 3 I's) cannot personally be present in
Bilbao. Ivar is in Sweden but he will arrive on March 4th after having been
on a round-the-world tour since Jan 30. Ian and I are busy with customer
engagements. But we are very busy working on EssUP to have something to
deliver within a short timeframe. Ivar is discussing with Per if he should
participate remotely in the upcoming meeting.

We are counting on your support. Please contact us if you'd like more info.

Kind regards

DJ de Villiers

Back to the top