[emft-dev] Ecore editor and latest tools version support for Edapt

Hi everyone,

Let me first introduce myself: my name is Sergio Canzoneri, and I'm a Master's student in Computer Science and Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
I've been doing some research about the state of the art for metamodel and model co-evolution, focusing on solutions realized for EMF/Ecore.

The project I'm currently working on for my thesis focuses on a DSL, consisting of an Ecore metamodel and an associated syntax custom-made through the usage of Xtext.
I'm planning to implement some tool to let users extend the language in some graphical manner, by editing the metamodel, and consequently applying automatic modifications to the syntax.
In order to do so, I'd like to use Edapt as a basis, but I've just realized the latest Ecore editor is not supported by Edapt, and I've found out that Edapt is also not compatible with the latest EMF Compare API.

I was wondering whether the update needed to support the new Ecore editor (instead of the Sample Ecore Model Editor) could be easy to implement, therefore contributing to the project.
I haven't browsed the repository, but I found it. Anyway, I wanted to ask you whether there is a currently in-development version of Edapt supporting the latest version of the Ecore editor, and the associated tools.

Thanks in advance for helping out,
Best regards,
Canzoneri Sergio.

Back to the top