Re: [emft-dev] Ecore Information view

Hi Pierre

Very interested.

I see two use cases.

a) a re-useable view that can be used as e.g. the Variables View in a M2M debugger.

b) a metamodel Spy that can be used interactively.

I thought I had posted the latter as a suggestion for Modisco, but cannot find it. A good metamodel spy will help explain what is visible, and what could have been visible with better declarations, in a ResourceSet/Registry.

We really want to hep answer the questions, "why is XXX not visible to my application", "why are more than one XXX's visible to my application". Your browser can navigate to XXX, some extension points may enable tools to register what they can see, so that you might then deduce why what your view can see is not what is visible to the application.

    Regards

        Ed Willink