[emft-dev] Revised build schedule for RC weeks

Component leads:

For the last few months, we've been maintaining this schedule for the +1 and +2 builds:

    Tuesday night, starting at 6pm: EMF, JET, UML2, GEF
    Wednesday night, starting at 6pm: OCL, Query, Transaction, Validation
    Thursday night: GMF

Now that we're into the RC period, I'd like to propose rolling that back by one day:
    Monday night: EMF, JET, UML2, GEF
    Tuesday night: OCL, Query, Transaction, Validation
    Wednesday night: GMF

This is in keeping with the Ganymede schedule [0], which is in part:

+0 +1 +2 +3 EPP Freeze Ganymd
RC1 May 16 May 19 May 20 May 21 May 23 May 26 May 27
RC2 May 23 May 26 May 27 May 28 May 30 Jun 2 Jun 3
RC3 May 30 Jun 2 Jun 3 Jun 4 Jun 6 Jun 9 Jun 10
RC4 Jun 6 Jun 9 Jun 10 Jun 11 Jun 13 Jun 16 Jun 17
Gnymd Jun 13 Jun 16 Jun 17 June 18 June 23 June 24 June 25

[0] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Ganymede#Milestones_and_Release_Candidates

This week I plan to spin I builds on the dates listed, unless instructed otherwise.

After this week, I can spin S builds for you automatically, but I will expect that component/project leads will sniff them before I promote them. If you'd like the day's stack to start sooner than 6pm, please let me know what time is preferred. Also, if you're ready to go a day sooner and want to publish a day sooner (eg., +1 builds on +0 day, Friday), ping me that week. The sooner we get the +1s done the more time the +2s and +3s have to align themselves, so we can avoid being late to the EPP party.

To the *-dev@ lists copied, this is for your information only. If you want to set up scheduled builds, ping me or have a look at this document [1]. Just make sure that you've downloaded the appropriate drivers for your build onto the emft.eclipse.org server before the cron'd build runs. I recommend an N build a few hours beforehand to ensure that everything is in place and everything is passing. You can also set up scheduled promotes, but as currently coded, that only works for I and M builds -- S and R builds will NOT let you promote them automatically to enforce a manual 'am I sure?' step.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Releng/Building/Scheduled_Builds

Cheers,

--
Nick Boldt :: Release Engineer, IBM Toronto Lab
Eclipse Modeling :: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling

Back to the top