Re: [emf-dev] Publishing to Maven Central

Hi,
Indeed as Dennis mentions I publish EMF artifacts on request. I use a partial automated script for this. I am happy to continue doing this and normally I should be able to do it within a couple of days of someone asking it.

I can imagine that it can make sense to make this part of an automated build step at some point. Until then no problem for me to continue with it.

I will publish the EMF artifacts for neon.2 the upcoming days (this weekend) to get you going.

Let me know ofcourse if anyone has any comments on this.

gr. Martin

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 9:17 AM Dennis Hübner <dennis.huebner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 15.12.2016 um 21:41 schrieb Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hi EMF :)

Hello Stephan,

I’m not EMF, but I will try to answer :)

> In https://bugs.eclipse.org/408760 I'm working on publishing all
> artifacts of the Eclipse Project to Maven Central.
>
> Initially, I naively thought, that this would comprise *everything*
> in the release repo of the Eclipse Project.
>
> Only later it dawned on me that artifacts from other projects
> are involved, too, notably: EMF :)
>
> Since we can only publish stuff where all dependencies already
> exist on Maven Central, and given that we are targeting to publish
> Neon.2 for which naturally no EMF artifacts are yet available
> on Maven Central here my questions:
>
>  Does EMF routinely publish all artifacts to Central?

No. We never had a target to feed the maven repository with our excellent framework. But
this may change in the future. The only guy behind existing EMF maven artifacts is Martin Taal.

>  When may we expect Neon.2 artifacts to be available?
If one asks Martin and he has time.

>  Is org.eclipse.emf the correct groupId for referring to EMF artifacts?
Yes.

> Strangely, I see the latest EMF artifacts only in groupId org.eclipse.birt.runtime ?!?
They have there own artifacts.

> thanks,
> Stephan

Viele Grüße,