Re: [emf-dev] Update site URL for 2.12?

Hi

"I'm not sure why the length of time makes it easier to fix..."

After so long, the number of existing users making use of a really stale URI such as http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/updates is surely very low and falling?

Conversely the number of new users getting confused by stale URIs is comparatively stable.

Establishing a better policy for stale P2 repos:
+ less clutter for OOMPH / P2 Update
+ less confusion for new users
- inconvenience for existing users of prehistoric URIs

Seems like a clean up has useful benefits and only a trivial downside. Those few users of the prehistoric URIs probably have the intelligence to debug the clean up and may even be grateful for being moved on to something not prehistoric.

    Regards

        Ed Willink