From: "Mikhail Kalkov" <mikhail.kalkov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:39:35 PM
Subject: [emf-dev] Which EMF versions are compatible with Eclipse Platform	3.7.2 and 3.8.1?

Hi!

I've tried to find an update site to install org.eclipse.emf.ecore.feature.group from but got a bit confused. Here is the command used and below are the results of trying different sites.

Command
> eclipse-platform -nosplash -configuration ~/eclipse-platform/configuration -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository $repo_url -installIU org.eclipse.emf.ecore.feature.group -profile SDKProfile -destination $install_path -verifyOnly

Results (latest org.eclipse.emf.ecore.feature.group version and update site URL)
2.5.0.v200906151043  -- http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/updates
2.7.1.v20120127-1122 -- http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/
2.8.1.v20120911-0500 -- http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/
2.8.3.v20130125-0546 -- http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/emf/updates
                        and http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/emf/updates/releases
2.9.0.v20130204-1140 -- http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/emf/updates/milestones
2.9.0.v20130114-0926 -- http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/emf/updates/interim

What are the latest EMF versions compatible with Eclipse Platform 3.7.2 and 3.8.1? I guess, 2.7.1 and 2.8.1 are safe choices, but can I upgrade to 2.8.3 in both cases? Unfortunately the table at http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/updates/ does not list minimum requirements past EMF 3.5. If anything, I am working on a plug-in, which at runtime uses EMF mostly for input and output plus little data manipulation.

Kind regards,
Mikhail Kalkov

Purple Scout AB
Software Developer