Re: [emf-dev] [mylyn-context-dev] MFT - Article "Focusing on Models" in Java Tech Journal

Manuel,

An excellent in-depth article! Like you say, hopefully this will give users the push needed to try it. I especially liked the inclusion of the bit about creating custom GMF editors. Of course, it will be even nicer when we support code generation for that!

I really like the idea of what UML labels is doing. In general, a lot of people are working on text/diagram integrations and as you point out the model will support that well. It just occurred to me that we're going to want XCore support next!

cheers,

Miles

On 2012-06-22, at 7:30 AM, Manuel Bork wrote:

Hi,

I've been busy doing some project marketing (with friendly support by Carsten) and am pleased to point you to the current edition of the Java Tech Journal (http://jaxenter.com/java-tech-journal/JTJ-2012-05/).

The article "Focusing on Models" gives an overview of the MFT project and describes UML Lab's MFT integration. It also shows how to 'mylynize' GMF-based editors. The example builds on the GMF Taipan Example.

Sources are available for download http://www.yatta.de/github/

Maybe we'll find some more MFT users out there :)

Have a nice weekend,
Manuel

--
Visit our website, follow us on twitter and become a fan on facebook!
 fb www.facebook.com/YattaSolutions

Manuel Bork
 t +49 (0)561 5743277-21
 f +49 (0)561 5743277-8821