[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [emf-dev] EMF Query2 release
- From: Ashwani Sharma <ashw.kumar@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 07:51:17 +0530
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date :message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=kZ47xEykbc/TBn42Bt3Fbj8QJg322sLExP090zADV+8=; b=wVgMV5rXWaDfaC/IH1DN20HlPaCH0DA5AyegtM3BK1KWXtnO7fUDJJmUTNK5ypNTc4 z/DLRP5WWVDaaKaXo5C7dks8JO+GjL8YIA59PP44JADcij29EBMHsViiwdNuRd2kor37 rjsYvE6XJRNeJ1KSeD4v1Da8FerTH0hNsDZPk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; b=vfA8DtWRqTG8Rt7Umk/WiIYUpy4zqvJd/FFjz4QFzi3USVaW3ERFlCbRcN2Z8KYRhm ZFJQAMzMiOy6ZwlL5fZSzDrn/KKQ8XsB2jJFs+CTeCyVjhEszGLCzxqsWSKxSeMiUK0l fB4rZuQCo4MqlY2LHHSw/rN3ftCFU0R0qwlu4=
We are getting more questions internally in SAP and in newsgroups about release of EMF Query2. If we don't make a proper release, we might loose interest.
Can you please suggest how do you want to take the assessment ?
Ashwani Kr Sharma
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Ashwani Sharma <ashw.kumar@xxxxxxxxx>
How should we do this assessment ?
Will you give EMF Query2 a try ? Will you have sometime before indigo release for this ?
Ashwani Kr Sharma
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Wayne Beaton <emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
The assessment that Anthony is referring to is not an EDP concept. I
believe that means an assessment of the impact of the change on the
community. This is something that is best done by the project itself. I
am willing to assist, but the project is the ultimate authority on its
community and the impact of change.
Strictly speaking, "EMF Query 2" is not currently a separate entity from
the EDP point of view. Strictly speaking, code from "EMF Query 2" should
be released using the same version numbering scheme and on single
project-wide schedule. The fact that different build systems are used,
and that different groups of developers--managed via social
convention--is interesting, but not relevant.
Allowing EMF Query 2 to make a separate release using a different
version number while still part of the EMF Query project requires an
exception to the process.
Before I can grant that exception, or permit the creation of a separate
project as part of a restructuring review, I need to better understand
the going forward plan.
On 06/06/2011 11:47 AM, Ashwani Sharma wrote:
> >> Is there a continuity story between the frameworks?
> The new framework is not at all compatible with previous. It will
> require users to re-write their queries.
> If everyone agrees, i can plan for assessment or review. I will need
> details on how to do it, since this is first time for me :)