Re: [modeling-pmc] Re: [emf-dev] Builds: The never ending nightmare

Hi,
Here is the wiki page describing the Teneo build setup (Buckminster/Hudson) in some detail:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Teneo_Build_Setup

The remaining thing for Teneo is to use how I can use the promote.xml script to promote scripts to the modeling update sites and download locations. I will update the wiki page with any changes I will make (you can watch the wiki page to get notified of changes).

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org

Stéphane Bouchet wrote:
Hi Martin,

Maybe you could share your build experience on a wiki pages for others builds team ?

Martin Taal a écrit :
Hi All,
Teneo is doing builds using Buckminster and it works nicely for me. It required some setup but I have now good control over the build process. And the number of configuration files is pretty modest. Also a multi-step build procedure (build core plugins, create test environment, run tests) was quite doable. I liked it that buckminster helps to auto-retrieve dependencies, build the target platform and setup the build workspace.
The buckminster people have been quite responsive on the newsgroup also.

I don't know the specifics of other builds but I think that both CDO and Teneo offer good example setups if you want to use buckminster to do the build.

gr. Martin

Ed Merks wrote:
Guys,

As I mentioned yesterday, CDO has been converted to use Buckminster with Cloudsmith's help and Teneo is also in the process of doing that. The Cloudsmith folks are offering to help convert a bunch of the projects over, starting with the projects in EMF itself, e.g., the core. I'd like to see how that progresses. Once all the subprojects of EMF are successful, we can look at replicating that success. The advantage of this approach, as I see it, is that we'll have a dedicated professional build organization to help us with our common problems going forward. And in the longer term, we'll be able to easily migrate to b3 as that involves; a model-based build system!

Cheers,
Ed