Re: [emf-dev] EMF Core Build

Marcello,

I watched a good science fiction movie named  "The day the earth Stood Still" last week on my SkyBox last week.
Keen Reeve was an Alien named Klaatu" coming to earth to decide how to save the earth.
He had long talks etc....but at the end his conclusion was that the only way to save the earth was to get rid of human being and let animals leave in peace.
Hopefully a professor explained to the Alien that: "all civilizations only change when they're at the precipice of a crisis.  He says human will change, now that they are really at the edge of destruction".
At the end of the movie the sphere and Klaatu have disappeared.  Then EVERYTHING shuts down - lights, buildings, cars, etc.  People everywhere cautiously emerge.

Do you think there is a parallel between EMF and the edge of destruction ?

--
------------------------------------
Vlad Varnica

------------------------------------

Marcelo Paternostro wrote:
Hi,

Dave and I have been talking about EMF builds and the issue worry us a bit. Although most of the work can be automated, the build does require some attention: from running scripts and checking test results on a regular basis, to actually maintaining the build in order to provide new artifacts or fix something that got broken due to changes in a dependency. Since neither Dave nor I can assume this responsibility, ideally someone else would step up to task. This person would hopefully be committed to all parts of code and, for example, make some noise even if a test focused on a less important piece fails (a test for the mapping support for example).

An alternative to have a single soul working on this is to gather a pool of people and share the burden. Dave and I could be members of this pool, if this makes sense.

Btw, if it helps making this topic a little more exciting, Dave and I are willing to move the EMF build to Athena (Nick has already done some of the required work!). Obviously "old build or Athena" is a completely irrelevant matter if no one cares about EMF builds. If that's indeed the case, is it OK if EMF doesn't have a new build? All affected projects, people, and companies are OK with it?

Anyhow, the microphone is open for everyone. Any input is welcome.

Best regards,

Marcelo Paternostro
IBM Canada Lab
1-905-413-3942