[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[emf-dev] Fw: Some reminders about Helios M4
- From: Anthony Hunter <anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:08:14 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopefully everyone is following along the emails being sent to cross-project-issues-dev. At minimum all the project leads should be on this list.
The email below and #2 applies to GMF and several EMF components as well.
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager
IBM Rational Software: Aurora / Modeling Tools
----- Forwarded by Anthony Hunter/Ottawa/IBM on 2009/12/15 10:05 AM -----
Kenn Hussey <kenn.hussey@xxxxxxxxx>
MDT Developers <mdt.dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
2009/12/13 10:53 PM
[mdt.dev] Fwd: [cross-project-issues-dev] Some reminders about Helios M4
Please see the email below, in particular #2. If your project is planning to participate in the Helios release train, you must declare this by updating the metadata for your project in the Portal. Please see http://www.eclipse.org/helios/planning/EclipseSimultaneousRelease.php for the requirements that your project must meet in order to be on the train.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Subject: [cross-project-issues-dev] Some reminders about Helios M4
1. its next Friday, 12/18!
2. That's the deadline for expressing intent to participate in Helios, which is formally done by marking the simultaneousrelease flag in Eclipse Portal (there's a Helios field to edit to "1"). The list is currently (understandably) short, so I'll keep my eye on it, and send more nag notes if expected teams don't mark soon.
3. I suggest we not "announce" our individual Project milestones until the Helios M4 date, 12/18. Of course, we need to announce on mailing lists, etc., for our committers and adopters ... I just mean the general news items, forums, and similar, targeted to general end-users asking for early testing. That is what we have to do for the final release, and I suggest we get in the habit of working "simultaneously" now, even during milestones. Not a huge problem, but I do recall some issue in the past where there were complaints or questions, because someone tried to update part of their environment, but couldn't, since some other part had not release an M4 version yet. Ends up being frustrating and making us appear unorganized. (And we all know that's not true :)
cross-project-issues-dev mailing list
mdt.dev mailing list