[emf-dev] Ported EMF to the Android platform

Dear EMF developers,

As a part of a small project, I managed to port the EMF code into the
Android platform.

As you may know, Android is a mobile operation system, which employs a
Java-compliant language and virtue machine named Dalvik. After some
modifications to the source code, the core EMF packages (including
emf.common, emf.ecore, emf.ecore.xmi) can now be compiled by Dalvik,
and work well on an Android mobile phone.

To show the uages of EMF on Android, I tried to wrap the main
management capabilities of Android system as an Ecore model, so that
we can write ocl rules to query the runtime information from an
Android mobile phone, like "listing all the running activites",
"counting all the clients", "listing the current wifi channels", as
shown in the attached snapshots.

If you have any interest, I will be very glad to contribute this work
in any ways (e.g. as a branch, a sandbox, a emft project, and any
other ways).

If not, please forgive me for bothering.

Sincerely!
Hui SONG
Nov. 30