[emf-dev] Re: Promotion for QTV builds

I have disabled (not deleted) the qvt 3-in-1 build and created 3 new builds for q, v, and t.

https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cbi-emf-query-1.4/
https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cbi-emf-validation-1.4/
https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cbi-emf-transaction-1.4/

You may want to review the permissions and email contacts for each build.

Query is spinning now; when done it should kick validation and transaction (in parallel); when validation is done, it too should prompt a transaction build. Thus any upstream changes should cause downstream builds.

In order to do three promotes, you will need three entries in your crontab. SSH to build.eclipse.org, and type `crontab -e` to edit your crontab. Enter items such as this for each build / type you want to promote on a schedule:

40 15 * * * /opt/public/common/apache-ant-1.7.1/bin/ant -f /opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/cbi-ve-1.4-nightly-Ganymede/workspace/build/org.eclipse.ve.releng/promote.xml -Dpromote.properties=/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/cbi-ve-1.4-nightly-Ganymede/workspace/build/org.eclipse.ve.releng/promote-N.properties 2>/dev/null 1> ~/promo_logs/cbi-ve-1.4-nightly-Ganymede-promo.txt

In addition to nightlies, you can manually kick an I build (by changing the BUILDTYPE to I), or you can have me create you three more builds (of default type I) which can run weekly, a little before a scheduled promote:

00 16 * * 2 /opt/public/common/apache-ant-1.7.1/bin/ant -f /opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/cbi-ve-1.4-integration-Ganymede/workspace/build/org.eclipse.ve.releng/promote.xml -Dpromote.properties=/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/cbi-ve-1.4-integration-Ganymede/workspace/build/org.eclipse.ve.releng/promote-I.properties 2>/dev/null 1> ~/promo_logs/cbi-ve-1.4-integration-Ganymede-promo.txt

BTW, Transaction had a test failure, perhaps related to the changed path structure on build.eclipse.org (single build vs. composite build).

https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/cbi-emf-transaction-1.4/1/testReport/

Kolb, Bernd wrote:
It might be the best option, yes.

Bernd