Re: [emf-dev] Status of the EMF Query Component

Hi Ed/Christian,

Just to end this thread, we are not terminating SDO or EMF Query and both will be in Galileo. Right?

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components

Inactive hide details for Ed Merks ---09/17/2008 02:25:14 AM---Christian, Like SDO, I see Query as having little real value to Ed Merks ---09/17/2008 02:25:14 AM---Christian, Like SDO, I see Query as having little real value to justify its

Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Modelling Framework <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/17/2008 02:25 AM

Re: [emf-dev] Status of the EMF Query Component

Christian,

Like SDO, I see Query as having little real value to justify its existence. So like Query, I'm considering terminating the SDO component. Components that don't have a significant established user base and for which there is no interesting future don't really don't have a place at Eclipse. If there is really only one user, they can of course maintain the source themselves.

Christian W. Damus wrote:
      Anthony,

      I forgot to answer your other questions. I don't know about GMF, but Transaction build only requires the Query for the 3-in-1 feature that it publishes to the Ganymede/Galileo builds. The Transaction and Validation components have no dependencies, and can build without it.

      cW