Re: [emf-dev] Status of the EMF Query Component

Hi, Ed,

Yes, Eclipse judges the health of its projects in a large degree by the amount of activity, both in the user community (e.g., downloads) and the committer/contributor community (e.g., bugzilla, CVS).  The termination process is instituted specifically for this reason.  Also, as I understand it, archived projects don't actually die ... they're just set aside until they can be revived when there is new interest in them (witness VE).

In any case, as I replied to Anthony, it is too early, yet, to consider termination.  I am trying to stimulate the community to step up to rescue this component so that we don't have to take that route.  Perhaps I could be doing that in some better way ...

Cheers,

Christian