Re: [emf-dev] Status of the EMF Query Component

Hi Christian,

Given that IBM has not raised any feature requests on this component or asked for more cool things right now, we are safe to assume that EMF Query does what we want very nicely. Bottom line is that a termination review is not required.

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components

Inactive hide details for "Christian W. Damus" ---09/16/2008 02:21:22 PM---Hi, Anthony, Thanks.  I don't need to know the detai"Christian W. Damus" ---09/16/2008 02:21:22 PM---Hi, Anthony, Thanks. I don't need to know the details of what anyone is doing with

"Christian W. Damus" <cdamus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Modelling Framework <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/16/2008 02:21 PM

Re: [emf-dev] Status of the EMF Query Component

Hi, Anthony,

Thanks. I don't need to know the details of what anyone is doing with this component, but am trying to survey what has essentially been a fairly quiet user base. I don't want to give the impression that I would pre-suppose any particular outcome. It's just that I see the set of possible outcomes as being three, of which all have different significance to different stakeholders: Eclipse likes to have projects that are active, users like to keep projects that are stable and supported, and committers like to have projects to develop.

I have no problem with this component simply releasing as 1.2.x in Galileo (it may just be 1.2.0, at this rate!), but would be happier to be able to add new functionality to it to bring more benefit to users. Also, once all of the Modeling components are "projectified," I would expect the level of activity to be of greater concern to Eclipse.

Is IBM interested in enhancing this component, doing more cool things with it? I would be very happy to work with some new contributors. I'm afraid that I haven't been very good at developing the committer base for this component.

Cheers,

Christian