[emf-dev] Ganymede Must Dos :: Signed Sources :: Action Required

Mea culpa. Just in time for RC4, more releng changes! I hear you groaning already, but relax, this one's easy.

Please have a read through this bug [1] and if you decide your project needs to adhere to this change (or your PMC decrees it!), here's a quick wiki update [2] to explain the two minor changes required.

[1] http://bugs.eclipse.org/235734
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Releng/Building/Signing_And_Packing#UPDATE:_Signed_Sources

Thanks to Max Feldman, who showed me how *very* easy it is to make PDE generate update jars instead of mixed jars/folders. Kudos! I'm fairly sure that because of that, GMF is immune to this problem.

Thanks also to Christian Damus for verifying it worked for his 4 projects, and providing the fix in easy to clone cvs diff format.

Cheers,

--
Nick Boldt :: Release Engineer, IBM Toronto Lab
Eclipse Modeling :: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/User:Nickb

Back to the top