Re: [emf-dev] Bugzilla Milestones for Maintenance Release

Hi again,

I strongly believe we should be following the platform (all other eclipse components) by putting the actual targeted milestone and not dot X.

When you run a Bugzilla query, you get the target milestone in the list. I frequently run queries based on target milestone. Going forward we need to click on every bug and read the comment to see what release the bug was fixed in?

Perhaps a better approach is getting the older releases removed?

That being said, you guys own EMF and are best suited to know what works for you.

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components

Inactive hide details for "Christian W. Damus" ---05/30/2008 01:52:28 PM---Hi, Anthony, You will always know when a bug was act"Christian W. Damus" ---05/30/2008 01:52:28 PM---Hi, Anthony, You will always know when a bug was actually fixed because a comment is

"Christian W. Damus" <cdamus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Eclipse Modelling Framework <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

05/30/2008 01:52 PM

Re: [emf-dev] Bugzilla Milestones for Maintenance Release

Hi, Anthony,

You will always know when a bug was actually fixed because a comment is appended when the fix is available in a build (verified), which indicates the build ID, including the release number.

Does that help?

I'm just thinking that, as there are going to be a considerable number of components in EMF, with different version numbers, the number of milestone entries will become rather large.

Cheers,

Christian