Re: [emf-dev] (no subject)

Will,

Please use the EMF newsgroup for user help type questions:

Given that you didn't show the schema, I can't really be quite sure.  I
suppose Book could be an element with a complex type that has simple
content, in which case there will be a Java interface corresponding to that
complex type and it will have getValue/setValue methods for getting and
setting the simple content.  If this is nested content, then I suppose Book
could be an element of some other complex type and the Book element's type
itself could be a simple type, like xsd:string.  In this case, there will
be an interface corresponding to that enclosing  type and it will have
getBook/setBook methods for setting this.  But I figure you likely have the
case of a complex type with simple content, since that's the no-so-obvious
one.

If you invoke Generate Test Code you'll end up with a *.tests project with
an XyzExample.java (Xyz depending on your model's name) and that will show
you how to get started in terms of creating a simpe instance and loading a
simple instance in a trivially simple stand alone application.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 313)

             William Isley
             <wmisley@hotmail.
             Sent by:                  <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             emf-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [emf-dev] (no subject)
             01/14/2008 11:32
             PM

             Please respond to
             Eclipse Modelling
                 Framework
             <emf-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi EMF-DEV,

I am using the XSD binding feature of EMF. I have bound to and generated a
model for an XSD. For an XML such as

<Book>BookValue</Book>

How is the EMF API used to set the value "BookValue" inside the <Book> tag?

I don't see any examples on this. All examples assume that values are
entered into the XML vai attributes or sub XML tags.

Thank you,
Will

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it now!