[emf-dev] How to Render XMI-Files with EMF/GMF in a standalone application

Hello,

I would like to render XMI Files containing UML-Diagrammes (especially
sequence diagrammes) in a standalone application.

I need to create a Sequence Diagramme with some ordinary tool and store it in
an xmi-file.

Now I need some libs (EMF probably) that allow me to render the sequence
diagramme described in xmi (). After the rendering I have to do some things
with the elements... animation and some stuff. I.e. They should be available
as some kind of widgets...

Any Ideas? Are there other libs you know of?

I also tried to use the ecore.xmi package, to use it as an xmi-parser, but it
didn't really work.

[code]
try{
	XMLResource res = new XMLResourceImpl(
		URI.createFileURI("myxmifile.xmi")
	);
	res.load(Collections.EMPTY_MAP);
	XMLHelper xmihelp = new XMLHelperImpl();
	/*Map<Object, Object> options = new HashMap<Object, Object>();
	XMLHandler xmihandler = new SAXXMLHandler(res, xmihelp, options);
	System.out.println(res.getContents());*/
}catch(Exception e){
	e.printStackTrace();
}
[/code]

All I get is this error message:
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException: Package with
uri 'null' not found.

As XMI-Input I use a file generated by eclipse omondo from a sequence diagram.

Thanks

Back to the top