[emf-dev] Resend: Moving EMFT to Modeling

Hi,

(Sorry for the double send.  I needed to correct the modeling PMC mailing
address.)

At the last model PMC meeting we discussed moving EMFT from Technology to
Modeling as a permanently incubating subproject in which to explore new
EMF-centric technologies.  Everyone agrees this is a good idea, so I wanted
to be sure that everyone is informed and that the Technology PMC formally
approves.  It will take time to move the repository and the newsgroup (and
for the newsgroup in particular, I'm not happy with losing the history of
questions and answers since there is a wealth of information about Teneo
that is likely to be lost to the archives).  So unless I hear objections,
we will no longer seek the Technology PMC's approval for adding components
to EMFT but rather will work within the Modeling PMC to guide where EMFT
goes.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)