Re: [emf-dev] ChangeRecorder behavior for reading accesses

Stephane,

Please use the newsgroup for questions.

There is no notification on read access,  and the last time someone asked about this recently I explained that it's not something we'd ever consider supporting, for all models in general, because of the overhead such a scheme would introduce for all clients.  You could achieve something like this with a specialized EObject implementation that uses an EStore.  All read and write access is funnelled to the store.  Some folks have used this implement a lazy parser that builds an instance on demand...

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

sducas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: emf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/03/2005 06:41 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Modelling Framework

emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[emf-dev] ChangeRecorder behavior for reading accesses

Hi all,

I've tryed the ChangeRecorder this week end, that's just great!!
But I have a question for ecore developers now:

-> Is that possible to have a such behaviors for READING access?: I mean something like:

ReadSession rs = new ReadSession(oneResource);

....(reading the model...)...

rs.endRecording();

List adapters = rs.getAdapters(action2Perform);

...(putting the adapters...)..

This tool could provide transparent view dynamicity by guessing which listeners to put from all reads in a fragment of code...just like the ChangeRecorder provide transparent Command pattern from all writes in a  part of code...

Currently I can't saw any callbacks on reading access in ecore implementation.

With a such feature writing a case tool (or any model UI) could be really easy and fast!

So is that possible now??? is that planned to write a such Class (ReadingSession)??? if not: How can I proceed for writing this???

Thank you very much!!

Stephane DUCAS