[emf-dev] How to contribute features to JET ?

I am considering using JET for general code generation
tasks. However, JET lacks a few features that I need.

With Eclipse being open source, I guess I can make the
modifications myself but am not sure what the process
is for making official contributions (to be a part of
a future emf version).

Questions:
1) I have never contributed to eclipse before so I do
not know the process - What is the process ? Do I need
to a member to contribute ? Will my features need to
be formally approved ?
2) Which person(s) are responsible for EMF? Is there
someone I could contact with my concrete suggestions
and discuss the details before I proceed ?
3) Any advice to the partical technical steps for
setting/testing a eclipse project in eclipse 3.1 that
will allow me to make changes in JET? I guess I could
copy the EMF sources to a new clean eclipse install
and replace the EMF runtime in my orginal install with
the compile classes each time I want to test it... An
easier solution would be nice.

Cheers,
Morten

Back to the top