Re: [emf-dev] SDO and xml

Hi Gayatri,

Normally the questions should be asked on the EMF newsgroup.
First of all if you are looking at generating code and using SDO, you should read the documentation availble ([1], [2] on SDO and tutorials on working with XML Schemas).
The generator GUI for the latest EMF (2.1) supports generating tests, which include a standalone sample on loading saving XML files. You can use this sample, using SDOUtil.loadDataGraph() method instead of resource.load().  You can also find some code in http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextools.cgi/org.eclipse.emf/tests/ - see sdo plugin, which includes DataGraphTest that shows how to use loadDataGraph() method.

[1] http://eclipse.org/emf/docs.php?doc=tutorials/xlibmod/xlibmod.html
[2] http://eclipse.org/emf/docs.php

--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto

"Gayatri Nallanda" <gayatriya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: emf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/20/2005 02:28 PM

Please respond to
Gayatri Nallanda and Eclipse Modelling Framework

emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[emf-dev] SDO and xml

Hello,

I am trying to create a data graph from a xml file. Could you please let me know how this is to be accomplished? I see there is a function SDOUtil.loadDataGraph(). But please point me to a sample implementation.

Thanks!