Re: [emf-dev] Why no xmi:id when writing to XMI?

Xiang,

Please use the newsgroup for questions.   You need to call XMLResource.setID in order to set the IDs on newly created objects.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

Xiang Li <xiang.li@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: emf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/22/2005 08:54 PM

Please respond to
Eclipse Modelling Framework

emf-dev <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[emf-dev] Why no xmi:id when writing to XMI?

Hello emf-dev,

I tried to use EMF's default XMI serialization to write a simple class Company which holds references of many Employees. Each employee holds also a reference to Company. When i write a company and two employees to XMI.The result is as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>
<xmi:XMI xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI" xmlns:RefTest="urn:RefTest.ecore">
 <RefTest:Employee company="/2"/>
 <RefTest:Employee company="/2"/>
 <RefTest:Company employees="/0 /1"/>
</xmi:XMI>

I don't know why there are no xmi:id declarations in it.
Could any one of you help me on this problem?

cheers
Xiang Li
xiang.li@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2005-05-23