Re: [emf-dev] serialization and persistence of EMF objects

Marco,

Please use the newsgroup rather than the mailing list to ask questions.   SDO provides support for java.io.Serializeable, so maybe you should look at generating DataObjects rather than just plain EObjects; there are documents and a tutorial for this subject available from the Documentation page.   For database persistence, searching the newsgroup contents for previous discussions (using instructions from the Documentation page) will give you some background and looking at Eike Stepper's CDO project will give you something concrete to look at; it's available from the EMF Corner page.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

Ughetti Marco <Marco.Ughetti@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: emf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/02/2005 09:15 AM

Please respond to
Eclipse Modelling Framework

emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[emf-dev] serialization and persistence of EMF objects

Hi, I’m a Eclipse EMF user in a java application following MDA  architecture
I have basically two problems.
 The First is the EMF Object java serialization.
As I need to manage with serializable  Java Beans (i.e. they have to be serializable object to be managed by Tomcat), I’m trying to make EMF Object
Java serializable but I realized that is not so simple. The java code generated by EMF consists of classes that extends EObjectImpl and interfaces that extends EObject
By default they are not java serializable
Who knows the simplest way to make them java serializable?
Obviously it is not enough ti implements java.io.Serializable because the java serialization fails anyway.
One idea can be to override the readObject and writeObject methods creating a Resource Object and using the load and save method
of the Resource but I’m not sure that it will work

The second is:  I need a Resource implementation working with Relational Database, maybe based on Hibernate
There is someone working on that or someone knows the simplest way to make Eobjects persistent using DB instead of XML  files?

Thank you very much

Marco

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
MailAdmin@xxxxxxxxx. Thank you