[emf-dev] serialization and persistence of EMF objects

Hi, I’m a Eclipse EMF user in a java application following MDA  architecture

I have basically two problems.

 The First is the EMF Object java serialization.

As I need to manage with serializable  Java Beans (i.e. they have to be serializable object to be managed by Tomcat), I’m trying to make EMF Object

Java serializable but I realized that is not so simple. The java code generated by EMF consists of classes that extends EObjectImpl and interfaces that extends EObject

By default they are not java serializable

Who knows the simplest way to make them java serializable?

Obviously it is not enough ti implements java.io.Serializable because the java serialization fails anyway.

One idea can be to override the readObject and writeObject methods creating a Resource Object and using the load and save method

of the Resource but I’m not sure that it will work

The second is:  I need a Resource implementation working with Relational Database, maybe based on Hibernate

There is someone working on that or someone knows the simplest way to make Eobjects persistent using DB instead of XML  files?

Thank you very much

Marco

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
MailAdmin@xxxxxxxxx. Thank you