[emf-dev] Making Classes and Reference in Ecore of arbitrary Java types

I'm designing my ecore model using the Direct approach (using the EMF ecore editor.)

I would like to declare some of my classes as java.lang.Thread and java.nio.ByteBuffer.

But it seems that the only types I can assign to my classes is limited to the standard EMF types (e.g., EObject, EClassifier,...).

I read chapter 5.5 in the EMF book, but it didn't help me.

Is it even possible to declare a class of, say, type java.lang.Thread, which when generated will extend the Thread class so I can subclass it and add my own thread methods?

Can you help?

Sincerely,
Michael Olsen
IBM Research Division, MS/3S-E47