Re: [emf-dev] emf tutorial: running plugin: can't find "Example EMF Model Creation Wizards"

Please as questions using the newsgroup.  The JDT/PDE has tools for building/exporting/deploying jars.   Normally a new runtime workspace will include the plugins in the workspace.  I'm not sure what you've done that it doesn't appear that way for you...

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

"Synformatix" <synformatix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: emf-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/11/2004 10:23 AM

Please respond to
emf-dev

<emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[emf-dev] emf tutorial: running plugin: can't find "Example EMF Model Creation Wizards"

I am following the EMF tutorial to create a sample emf plugin.
I am running into the following issues:

1- the generated projects does not include the Jar files that are required by the generated code. I work around this
by manually searching and attaching the jar files to the projects.

2- when running the plug-in, after solving all the compilation problems above,  tutorial says:
       - ..create a project...
       - Expand "Example EMF Model Creation Wizards" and select "Library Model". Click the "Next" button.
  Even though I can see my plug-ins in "Plug-in Details", I can not see the  "Example EMF Model Creation Wizards", nor can I see any new

   view for my new plugins.
How can I configure which of the plug-ins will appear in the runtime Wokspace?
I suspect this may be due to incompatibility of the plug-in. I am stuck.
I am running:
Eclipse Version: 3.0.0 Build id: 200406192000
EMF Plugin Version 2.0.0.200406280827

Any suggestions?

Back to the top