[emf-dev] searching the object by id

Hello

I am using EMF for serialization / deserialization of data holding
objects into / from a XML file.

Suppose, I have a XML file:

<project>
      <someItem id='345' value='a' />
      <someItem id='666' value='b' />
      <someItem id='12' value='c' />
</project>

I am possile to get the correct SomeItem object:

Project project = (Project) resource.getContents().get(0);

Iterator iter = project.iterator();
while (iter.hasNext()) {
      SomeItem item = (SomeItem) iter.next();

      if (item.getId().equals("666")) {
         System.out.println("Found: value = " + item.getValue());
         break;
      }
}

My answer is: it is possible to find value of that item if I know the
id directly - something like this?:

Project project = (Project) resource.getContents().get(0);
SomeItem item = project.getItemById("666");

I al looking for a method like getItemById - can EMF generate one for
me - if yes, then how can I achieve this?
Has an id some special meaning or is it jus a normal attribute? I am
expecting that the id attribute has to be unique, of course.
Or is there (somewhere) some another method which helps me in to find that item?

--
Thanks in advance

Martin Zdila
Developer