From: emf-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:emf-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Guofeng Zhang
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 7:06
To: emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [emf-dev] Could the UML's tatechart model be delt with by EMF?

I am new to EMF. I read some EMF article/user's guide on the site, but I
feel that EMF can only work with UML's class model. Is that right?

I have a requirement.  We have developed a framework that is used to
define the workflow based on the state machine.  The definition is
stored in some XML files which include what states to go, and what
classes to invoke etc.

We want to draw the state machine by UML statechart diagram(for example,
by using Rose or the tools plug-in to Eclipse), then automatically
generated the XML files and the corresponding Java codes in Eclipse.

Is it possible by EMF?     If so, I will deeply research on it.

Thank you very much!