Re: [emf-dev] MOF 2.0

There is a group prototyping a UML 2 model generated with EMF. I believe
they plan to create an open source UML eclipse project with it. I don't
know any details of how soon though.

EMF will support EMOF. It will be able to read and write EMOF
serializations. I doubt we'll do anything with CMOF (certainly not in the
short term).

Frank.

                      "Dave Carlson"
                      <dcarlson@ontogen        To:       <emf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      ics.com>                 cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [emf-dev] MOF 2.0
                      emf-dev-admin@ecl
                      ipse.org

                      07/08/2003 08:37
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      emf-dev

Hi,

I am also very interested in the questions from the original post.  If you
have some additional thoughts in this subject following your meeting, I'd
very much appreciate a summary.  Also, where are good references on emof?

I have been thinking for some months about using EMF in a similar way as
MOF to instanciate the entire UML 1.4 metamodel as an EMF application.
Also for the new UML 2.0.  I would expect others at IBM have looked into
this.  Any input in the feasibility, or better yet, a generated UML
implementation?

Thanks!
  Dave Carlson
  Ontogenics Corp.